i want them to flinch, think twice before they reach out their callous hands to bruise.
i want to be a constant reminder to men that not everything is theirs for the taking. "
1. When you left, my heart went missing, I’ve been looking for it in drugs and boys who don’t know my name
2. I know you kissed her at that party while I was locked in the bathroom crying, I hope you tasted me on her mouth
3. I thought I saw you in the supermarket and I started shaking so hard someone had to ask me if I was okay (I wasn’t)
4. I can’t say your name without feeling like I’m gonna throw up
5. I hear your voice in my head all the time I think I’m going crazy
6. Can words break your ribs?
7. I wanna slit my wrists and watch my blood spill into your bones, I hope you drown in it
8. Jesus christ it’s been 6 months and my throat still burns when I think about you
9. I miss you but I’m gonna keep pretending I don’t"
He wants to kiss me
And he won’t take no for an answer
She turned to me, eyes blazing
God help me, she said
Who taught these boys you are something to be had?
Don’t they know that your name means strength,
That your father gave it to you knowing what a force you would be?
You’re a wildfire, don’t they know?
You’re the entire ocean, not a puddle
They’ll come up choking for air
Next time you turn your head away from his lips and he turns it back,
Tell him your mother taught you that your body is a temple
Let him kneel before you
Let him pray in a whispered fervor
Let him swear his allegiance
Let him prove his devotion
Honey, you’re a goddamn wildfire
You choose who you burn "